Protecting the health and safety of our employees, customers, and partners is our top priority, and our hearts go out to all impacted by the coronavirus COVID-19 outbreak. Below, please find the latest information for our customers, partners, and employees:
Our corporate headquarters in Baltimore as well as all satellite offices are critical infrastructure businesses and will continue to stay open – this includes our three offices in Canada.
Employee experience is number one, especially for facilities and offices trying to adapt to new public health regulations. Barcoding and our partners have teamed up to help you. We have augmented our service offering to include:
- Thermal imaging solutions for temperature pre-screening at offices and facilities
- Proximity sensing solutions based on mobile devices and scanners
- Device disinfectant lockers and best practices for keeping mobile technology clean
In addition, we continue to help by being a reliable partner for:
- The overall administration of mobile device platforms – from deployment to support.
- Facility and warehouse labeling initiatives include new social distance labels
- New software applications and innovations like contactless signature capture for delivery drivers and automated checklists to eliminate the need for paper and pen.
Operations & Service
We have instituted a work from home policy for those able to do their job remotely.
Employees are working with their direct supervisors and leveraging the power of technology like Microsoft Teams to stay productive. For those unable to work remotely, we are taking all necessary steps to keep our workspaces clean and healthy – following the WHO guidelines and encouraging hand-washing. With the remote work policy, no office has more than 10 people per the CDC guidelines.
Only essential traveling is permitted and must be reviewed by our COVID-19 Response Team. All precautions are being taken.
Along with our OEM and distribution partners, we are closely monitoring our supply chain, which was initially impacted by the coronavirus. Some OEMs have manufacturing facilities and suppliers in the affected areas of China were delayed in returning to business following the Chinese New Year.
Our partners have activated mitigation plans to ensure a smooth supply chain. However, given these unique circumstances, you may see a slight extension in lead times on some products. Our priority is to continue to minimize disruption for our customers and to do our part to mitigate the spread of the virus.
- Placing orders early will help us communicate to our OEM partners.
- Placing firm orders will allow us to prioritize projects appropriately.
We have compiled a list of resources to help you and your business stay informed. You can view them here.
Barcoding is monitoring the situation closely, and our leadership team has assumed the role of COVID-19 Response Team. We are communicating in real-time to assess the situation, guarantee employee safety, and provide guidance and support to all our stakeholders.
To help centralize communications, we ask that all employees, partners, and customers use the email@example.com email address.
This team has also created a written Preparedness Plan shared internally that will be continuously updated as new information and policies are made available.
- Washing Your Hands is Important, but so is Cleaning the Devices that your Hands Touch All Day Long!